Some feedback to be included in comments on the CCTV Policy - Please if any member has comments they would like to propose email firstname.lastname@example.org
- It is a policy, not a by-law or law, therefore not enforceable and thus confusing.
- The policy itself should be restructured to specifically address CCTV on OM, public and private properties. It is currently mixed and not definitive.
- It currently states all CCTV must be registered with OM, even private and OM should have access and do the monitoring – nobody agrees to this.
- Storage, retention and access to recorded material must be handled in a way in which it can be submitted as evidence in a court of law. Comment: A storage and access procedure must be defined with the policy (this is valid for any CCTV solution other than a private home where content is not shared)
- Limitation on the number of cameras per pole needs to be introduced.
- Limitation on the positioning of cameras must be introduced taking account of privacy considerations.
These are the Feedback from the Ward Committee Meetings and other related matters. They are lodged in Date order going backwards.